Saturday, March 21, 2015

Cardmaking Magazines From the UK

We get the card making magazines from the UK about a month behind, but that's okay, at least you get your money's worth with them!  I'm not sure we even have any card magazines, or scrapbooking magazines, still being published in the U.S.   JoAnn's carries Cardmaking and Papercrafting, Quick Cards, and Simply Cards and Papercraft.  Each issue has some sort of bonus inside the plastic wrapper.  Sometimes it's a stamp set, sometimes a die or a collection of papers and each of the magazines includes projects utilizing the bonus.

Perhaps if the U.S. magazines had included some premium their sales would have stayed high enough for them to stay in business!

Here are the stamp sets and the embossing folder that came with those three magazines.  In my opinion, you're paying no more for the stamps and magazine than you'd pay for just the stamps so it's a good deal.

This set coordinates with Spellbinders dies.  I don't have the dies but am certain I can cut the shape I need with my Cameo.
 I saw this set of stamps online a few weeks ago and have been waiting for JoAnn's to get issue 133 of Simply Cards and Papercraft to get them!
I like that the embossing folder has colors on the butterflies so you can easily see what the pattern will be when it's embossed.  I will probably cut the "Birthday Wishes" sentiment off the stamp and just use the butterfly images the majority of the time.


No comments: