Thursday, February 19, 2015

An Old Favorite Cookie Recipe

My momma used to make these.  Fred's mother did too.  They're one of the easiest cookies to make and the recipe calls for ingredients I always have on hand.  Since Fred really likes these, I made a batch this afternoon.

CHEWY CHARLIE COOKIES

1/3 Cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4  cup corn syrup
1/2  cup milk
1 1/2  cups sugar
1 1/3 cups peanut butter
1/4 cup margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups rolled oats

In a heavy saucepan over low heat mix first
5 ingredients.  Bring to a rolling boil.
Boil 1 to ½ minutes.  Remove from heat
and stir in peanut butter, vanilla, margarine
and oats.  Stir well.  Drop by rounded
teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to
cool and become firm.
Makes 40 cookies.

1 comment:

AndreaA said...

My boys favorite cookie!! My oldest Son calls these travel cookies because I always made these when we went on trips.
But we always called them No Bake or One minute cookies. I don't think we ever used corn syrup in ours though.