Thursday, January 1, 2015

Candy Hearts and Cupcake Card

Make The Cut has been my preferred software program ever since I began using it with my Expression.  I love how easy it is to use and got comfortable with its capabilities.  Even after I purchased a Cameo, I continued to use Make The Cut rather than learning how to use Silhouette software.

Since doing print and cut has become so popular, I've decided it's time for me to get serious and learn as much as I can about the Silhouette program.  Thanks to a Facebook friend, Kat Schrieber,  the past couple of days have been really fun since she spent some time teaching me shortcuts and tricks.

It still takes me quite a while to do things I want, but it's getting easier.  This card uses what Kat taught me yesterday.

I traced the cupcake image, did the print and cut and then I traced it again and was able to separate the cupcake liner from the top and did another print and cut of that image.  That gave me the cake portion to pop dot onto the full image and provide more dimension to the card.

The candy hearts are also clip art images that were done with print and cut.

I embossed the white mat underneath the cupcake with a heart folder and added a pink and brown mat.

Everything is sitting on top of a paper doily.



The dimension of the card shows up better in this photo. 

I know I have barely scratched the surface of what the Silhouette software can do.  For now, I'll continue working with clip art, doing print and cut, and learning how to break apart and color clip art images.  Once I have that process down, I'll move on to something else---like maybe point editing.  Right now, that just sounds too complicated!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks good enough to eat, can't wait to see what else you come up with

Jeni said...

So adorable!! Thanks for sharing!!

Tammy said...

You go girl. Learning new software is always a challenge and I am in the same boat as you. Love MTC but want to learn to use the Sil software for print and cut.