Friday, September 26, 2014

Coffee Cup Lady Birthday Card

This image has been used on other birthday cards.  Up until I learned to do print and cut with my Cameo, I'd just print the clip art image onto white cardstock and then mat it onto a piece of colored cardstock.  It's too detailed to easily cut out by hand so it's always been on a white background rectangle.

Now that I'm an "expert" --- yeah, right!---doing print and cut, I imported the image into Silhouette Studio software and cut it that way.  It did take several tries and a lot of tweaking to get it just right.

I tried several times to do some sort of offset and cut a shadow layer using the Studio software and never could accomplish that.  And when I tried to create a shadow layer using MTC, it never lined up properly.  So, I just pop dotted the image and it looks fine.

The inside sentiment is " You go first. Happy Birthday!".

No comments: