Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bird Cage Card

The large priority mail box for Operation Write Home is just about full.  I've been concentrating on doing cards for Father's Day since the cut off date for those is April 30th.  But, making the same theme card after card gets boring to me.  Today I went online and searched my Pinterest boards of card ideas and saw one similar to this layout.  It's a nice, spring looking card so I made eight of them.

The narrow pink strip was embossed.  The birdcage is from the Sophie cartridge.  I punched the bird and branches with a Stampin' Up punch and embossed the bird's body.  The sentiment was stamped and punched with their modern label punch then I created a shadow for it using images from their software and cut those with Make The Cut.  The border was done with a Martha Stewart punch.


1 comment:

Donna said...

Love the birdcage and bird idea. Very cute! TFS